ZUCCHINI PANCAKES INGREDIENTSNutrition
- 2cups finely shredded fresh zucchini (, 2 – 8-inch zucchini required)
- 4large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 3tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4cup melted butter (, for rub) or 1⁄4 cup melted margarine (, for rub)
- Wash and shred zucchini on a fine shredder (DO NOT PEEL).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs; add shredded zucchini and mix well using a fork.
- Add flour, sugar, salt and olive oil and stir well to blend.
- Finally, add baking powder and mix using a spoon (Batter consistency should be like heavy whipping cream).
- Preheat griddle to 425- 450°F.
- If using a heavy duty frying pan, heat to medium-high heat; adjust heat if necessary.
- Rub grill or frying pan with oil before cooking each batch of pancakes.
- Spoon batter onto hot griddle (about 2 tablespoons for each pancake).
- Cook until bubbles on the top of the pancake almost stop, about 1 1/2 minutes; turn pancake over and continue to cook for another 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until pancakes are done.
- When done, rub pancakes with melted butter and place in a preheated 250 F oven to keep warm until the remainder are cooked, or serve immediately.
- Serve with your choice of jams or syrups.
- Also very good with sour cream or yogurt along with your choice of jams or syrups, or you can eat them just plain.
- These pancakes are delicious for breakfast, brunch or just as a snack anytime.