THE BEST BLUEBERRY BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
THE BEST BLUEBERRY BUTTERMILK PANCAKES INGREDIENTSNutrition
- Please note that you’ll also need additional unsalted butter to grease your skillet (you could also use nonstick cooking spray like Pam; I did some with butter and some with Pam and all worked fine and tasted great).
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt (I do this through a sieve, not with a sifter).
- After melted butter has cooled down, beat the eggs with the buttermilk in a separate bowl then whisk in the melted butter.
- Using a wooden spoon or a spatula, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine just until you have a lumpy batter; do NOT overmix.
- Over medium-high heat, heat some butter in a large skillet (you could use a griddle too, of course).
- For each pancake, use a generous 1/4 cup of batter; after spooning batter into skillet, sprinkle top of each pancake with blueberries and press them in slightly.
- I was quite generous with sprinkling the blueberries, then when I got to my last pancake I found I didn’t have many left, so you may want to have some extra blueberries on hand.
- Cook each pancake for approximately 2 minutes per side; the length of time will depend on how hot you have the heat, how well your skillet retains the heat, etc.
- Keep pancakes warm in a low oven as you make them, then serve; best when served with real maple syrup.