SIMPLE SWEET SCONES
SIMPLE SWEET SCONES INGREDIENTSNutrition
- Heat oven to 425°F (220 Celsius).
- Put flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl; stir mix well Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender or rub in with your fingers, until the mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Add sugar; toss to mix.
- Add milk and stir with a wooden spoon until dough forms,(the dough may be a bit crumbly).
- Place dough on floured counter and knead gently until the dough comes together in a ball.
- Pat or roll into a circle about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- cut each circle into 6 or 8 wedges.
- place wedges on a greased cookie sheet- slightly apart for crisp sides, touching for soft.
- Bake about 12 minutes, or until medium brown on top.