RAISIN BRAN MUFFINS THAT WORK
RAISIN BRAN MUFFINS THAT WORK INGREDIENTSNutrition
- Preheat oven to 400F; prepare muffin pans by lining cups with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, oil, molasses, sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in bran; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to egg mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Carefully stir in raisins, being careful not to overmix.
- Fresh blueberries, or unthawed frozen ones, can be substituted for raisins, by the way.
- Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups, filling right to the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until muffins are firm to the touch; do not overbake or muffins will be dry and tough.
- As mentioned in the description, I like to cut this recipe in half (half of 3/4 cup brown sugar is 1/4 cup+ 2 tbsp) and bake the 6 in my toaster oven; after 20 minutes they are always done to perfection and I don’t heat up my kitchen.
- Remove muffins from pan and cool on rack.