PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS (LIKE STARBUCKS)
PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS (LIKE STARBUCKS) INGREDIENTSNutrition
- 3cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1teaspoon nutmeg
- 1teaspoon ground cloves
- 4teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1pinch cardamom(optional)
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 2cups sugar and 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2cups pumpkin
- 1 1⁄4cups vegetable oil
- 8ounces cream cheese
- chopped pumpkin seeds (optional) orwalnuts (optional) orpecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix cream cheese with one egg and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Put the entire mixture on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper and shape it into a long log.
- Put it in the freezer while you mix and fill the pans, up to an hour.
- Unwrap and cut with a sharp knife so each cream cheese disk equals 1-2 teaspoons. If the cream cheese disks are too big around, cut thick slices and then cut them in half. This lets you push it down into the batter easier.
- Mix all ingredients together (except cream cheese and nuts).
- Fill muffin tins (greased or paper cups) half full.
- Put cream cheese disc in the middle, pressing down.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp chopped nuts.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the muffin part (do not touch the cream cheese!).
- Let cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely. Do not touch the cream cheese until it cools.