PEACH OATMEAL INGREDIENTSNutrition
- 1⁄4cup old fashioned oats or 1⁄4 cup quick oats
- 1⁄3cup water
- 1⁄4cup sliced peaches in juice, canned (this works out to about 5 slices of peach and about 1/8 cup of juice)
- 1⁄8teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8teaspoon butterscotch extract or 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute(optional) or 1⁄2teaspoon sugar(optional) or 1⁄2teaspoon honey(optional)
- Cut up peach slices into small pieces.
- In a bowl add oats, water, and peaches with juice.
- Microwave in 500watt microwave for 2 minutes, stir, microwave for another 2 minutes, stir, then microwave in 1 minute intervals until cooked. In a 1200watt microwave, microwave for 30 seconds, stir, microwave for another 30 seconds, stir, and then continue microwaving in 30 second intervals until cooked.
- Once cooked, add cinnamon, butterscotch extract, and sweetener.
- NOTE: This serving seems small since it is only 1/4 cup of oats, but with the addition of peaches, it is quite filling, especially when served with a glass of milk; Feel free however, to increase one serving size to double this amount for a very hearty breakfast.