NO-BAKE RICE KRISPIES PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA BARS (LOWER-FAT)
NO-BAKE RICE KRISPIES PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA BARS (LOWER-FAT) INGREDIENTSNutrition
- 1 1⁄2cups Rice Krispies (for a firmer bar increase up to 2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2cup dark corn syrupor 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup or 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2cup reduced-fat peanut butter (or can use regular peanut butter)
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2cup dark raisin (or can use either 1/2 cup chopped nuts or 1/2 cup seeds or 1/2 cup coconut)
- 1⁄3cup mini chocolate chip (to prevent melting refrigerate or freeze the chocolate chips before mixing in)
- lightly grease 11 x 7-inch, can use a 13 x 9-inch baking dish but you will have a thinner bar.
- In a large bowl combine Rice Krispies cereal, oats and raisins.
- In a saucepan stir the corn syrup or honey and brown sugar until just at a boil.
- Immediately remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour over the dry ingredients in the bowl; mix to combine.
- Mix in mini chocolate chips (if using) work fast the mixture hardens quickly.
- Transfer the mixture into prepared baking dish, then using slightly wet hands push evenly down into the pan.
- While the mixture is still soft, for easier slicing take a sharp knife and slice into desired size bars.
- Chill until firm.