MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH
MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH INGREDIENTSNutrition
- 8slices bread (I use challah)
- 4teaspoons honey dijon mustard
- 8slices thin deli sliced swiss cheese
- 8slices thin deli ham
- 8slices thin deli sliced turkey (I like smoked)
- 3large eggs
- 2tablespoons flour
- 1tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon black pepper
- 2tablespoons milk(low fat to try to keep it low in fat!)
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- raspberry preserves, for dipping
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly butter a baking sheet pan. I use the spray.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon mustard on each slice of bread.
- Layer between mustard sides of two slices of bread, 1 slice cheese, 2 slices ham, 2 slices turkey, and another slice of cheese.
- Repeat to make four sandwiches. Whisk eggs, flour, butter, salt and pepper in a shallow dish until smooth.
- Blend in milk.
- DIP both sides of sandwiches into egg mixture until bread is lightly soaked.
- Place on baking sheet; drizzle any remaining egg mixture over top of sandwiches.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until bottom is golden brown.
- Turn with wide spatula and continue baking 8-10 minutes or until second side is golden brown.
- Serve warm dusted with powdered sugar and dip or spread raspberry preserves on sandwiches.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries.