MOM’S BEST BANANA BREAD
MOM’S BEST BANANA BREAD INGREDIENTSNutrition
- 1 1⁄4cups mashed bananas (4 to 5 Medium bananas)
- 1 1⁄4cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2⁄3cup sugar (or Splenda, whatever you like)
- 2eggs, separated (Large or Medium)
- 1 1⁄2ounces milk
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4teaspoon nutmeg
- 2tablespoons flax seeds
- 1⁄4cup chopped walnuts(optional) or 1⁄4 cuppecans (optional)
- Cream together butter, sugar, & egg yolks until creamy.
- Sift dry ingredients together (flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg). Alternately add the dry mixture to the creamed butter mixture as well as the milk & mashed bananas. Beat the egg whites until a stiff peak forms and fold in with a wooden spoon, (make sure you only use a wooden spoon to do this – this is KEY), next – fold in the chopped nuts also stir in with the wooden spoon.
- Bake in a loaf pan that you have sprayed with olive oil or non-stick spray and dusted lightly with flour at 350° for approximately 45 minutes – insert a toothpick in the center of the loaf to ensure it is not runny, if it is – allow to bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve with cream cheese or your favorite margarine.
- Note: I love to wait a day and then toast a piece in my toaster oven – it is SO good when it gets re-heated and toasty with butter on it and a cup of coffee – YUM!