KITTENCAL’S GERMAN APPLE PUFF PANCAKE
KITTENCAL’S GERMAN APPLE PUFF PANCAKE INGREDIENTSNutrition
- 4tablespoons butter, divided (one more tablespoon butter won’t hurt)
- 4large apples, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4cup flour
- 3⁄4cup milk (or use half and half cream)
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon baking powder
- 1tablespoon sugar(optional or to taste)
- 4large eggs
- 1⁄3cup sugar (can use 1/2 cup sugar)
- 1teaspoon cinnamon(or to taste)
- Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray two 8-inch round cake pans with cooking spray.
- Place 2 Tbsp butter in each of the pans.
- Place the pans in the oven and bake until the butter has melted; remove from oven.
- In a bowl, beat the flour, 1/4 teaspoons baking powder, sugar (if using) salt, milk and eggs until smooth, then allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Arrange the apple slices into the two pans onto the melted butter.
- Re-whisk the flour/egg mixture again then divide the batter evenly between pans, over the apple slices.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the batter in each pan.
- Bake until puffed, and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.