EGG IN THE BASKET
EGG IN THE BASKET INGREDIENTSNutrition
- Cut a circle in the middle of a piece of bread.
- If you don’t have a round cookie cutter, the top of a glass will work.
- Heat a skillet or griddle sprayed with Pam or Mazola.
- Place the bread in the pan.
- Put about 1/2 t butter in the hole in the bread.
- Heat the butter until very hot.
- Crack an egg in the hole.
- Use a spatula to move the white around so it gets done.
- When the egg is fairly well set, turn the bread and egg over to cook the other side, being careful not to break the yolk.
- In the meantime, toast the holes from the bread for dipping in the yolk.
- Oh, and salt and pepper as desired.
- I guess you could toast the bread before you put it in the pan, but I’ve never tried it that way.