CRANBERRY ORANGE SCONES
CRANBERRY ORANGE SCONES INGREDIENTSNutrition
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in cranberries and orange peel.
- In a small bowl, mix buttermilk and egg; add to dry ingredients all at once, stirring until mixture is just moistened.
- On a floured board, knead gently a few times, but not too much.
- Form into a patty on an ungreased cookie sheet; cut into 8 wedges with a knife but do not move it.
- Bake at 400 degrees F.
- for 15-25 minutes or until light golden.
- Mix together powdered sugar and orange juice into a glaze; drizzle over scones.
- Separate scones and serve warm.