COFFEE HOUSE COFFEE CAKE
COFFEE HOUSE COFFEE CAKE INGREDIENTSNutrition
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 1cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2cup butter, softened
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2cup chopped pecans
- 1cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2cup granulated sugar
- 2large eggs
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons vanilla
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3cup milk
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Make topping by combining 1 cup flour with brown sugar, 1/2 cup softened butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl.
- Mixture should have the consistency of moist sand.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter, 3/4 cup light brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add this dry mixture to the moist ingredients a little at a time.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a 9 x 13 baking pan that has been buttered and dusted with a light coating of flour.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the batter.
- Be sure the topping completely covers the batter.
- Bake 50 minutes or until the edges just begin to brown. Cool.