CHEWY GRANOLA BARS
READY IN:CHEWY GRANOLA BARS
CHEWY GRANOLA BARS INGREDIENTSNutrition
- 1cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4–1⁄2cup butter or 1⁄4–1⁄2cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4cup sugar
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2teaspoon vanilla
- 1large egg
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4cups crisp rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 1cup chopped almonds
- 1cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2cups rolled oats
- raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease or spray 9 x 13 pan.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar, sugar, and butter until light and fluffy.
- Blend in honey, vanilla and egg.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture gradually to sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- By hand, stir in almonds, chocolate chips and oats until well mixed.
- Press mixture firmly in bottom of greased pan, and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Cool and cut into squares.