BREAKFAST BURRITOS (ONCE A MONTH COOKING)
BREAKFAST BURRITOS (ONCE A MONTH COOKING) INGREDIENTSNutrition
- 12eggs, beaten
- 1lb bulk sausage, cooked (or crumbled links)
- 1⁄2cup chunky salsa(your choice of heat)
- 2cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 24flour tortillas (you can also use whole wheat)
- 1green pepper, finely diced (optional)
- 6potatoes, shredded and fried until cooked through (optional) or 6 hash browns (optional)
- jalapeno, slices (optional)
- 1(4 ounce) canchopped green chilies (optional)
- 1 -2garlic clove, finely minced (optional)
- 1onion, finely diced (optional)
- 1tomatoes, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 2green onions, sliced with tops (optional)
- Scramble eggs in large skillet until done; stir in cooked sausage and salsa.
- Warm tortillas in microwave 20-30 seconds or until warm and flexible.
- Place 1/2 cup egg mixture into tortilla; roll burrito-style.
- Freeze burritos in single layer on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- When fully frozen, wrap burritos individually; place wrapped burritos in large zip-top freezer bags; freeze.
- TO SERVE: Unwrap burritos from foil or plastic wrap that you used for freezing.
- Wrap in a paper towel.
- Cook in microwave until heated through (about 2 minutes).
- Or thaw burritos (remove plastic wrap if used in freezing), wrap burritos in foil, and bake at 350 degrees for ten minutes.