BAKLAVA MUFFINS INGREDIENTSNutrition
- 1⁄2cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons cinnamon
- 3tablespoons butter, melted
- 1cup flour
- 7tablespoons flour
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4cup sugar
- 1large egg
- 3tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
- Mix the egg, melted butter and buttermilk.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add gently mix in the wet ingredients.
- Fill 12 miffin cups 1/3 full, add a scant tablespoon of filling, cover with more muffin mixture until 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle any remaining filling on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Put the muffins onto a rack to cool and drizzle with honey (it may be easier to drizzle the honey if it has been warmed first).