BAKED PECAN FRENCH TOAST
BAKED PECAN FRENCH TOAST INGREDIENTSNutrition
- Place the eggs, milk, sugar, nutmeg or cinnamon and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Mist the bottom of a 12 by 8-inch glass casserole with vegetable oil spray or brush with melted butter.
- Place the bread slices in a single layer in the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread, distributing it evenly.
- Turn the bread slices once.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator and remove the plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle the bread slices with pecans and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bread slices puff up and pecans are deep brown but not burned.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
- Instead of a cup of milk, use 2/3 cup orange juice and 1/3 cup of the milk.
- You can vary this further by adding a little grated orange zest with the pecans before baking.